Latex Workshop Part 1 - Ian Barba
LaTeX for Beginners 1 & 2 (Bring your Laptop)
LaTeX is an important document standard for a variety of disciplines at TTU. LaTeX has features that make it unique from other document software (MS Word), that allow for greater flexibility. However, as a result of these features, the software may be less intuitive for first time users. This workshop will cover basic installation and navigation of the software, as well as an introduction to the markup language of LaTeX. Participants will gain a basic understanding of how to use the software to create documents, how to enter plain text, and how to format non-standard scripts and typesettings that are relevant to their disciplines.
• Bring your laptop for hands on learning and downloading software.
• Attendees will be creating LaTeX documents
• Attendees will learn to add text, equations, tables, figures, citations, etc. in LaTeX.
1. Participants will learn to install and use LaTeX to prepare documents.
2. Participants will experiment with document creation, including basic text, as well as non-standard scripts such as math expressions and scientific formulas.
3. Participants will practice basic markup tagging so that they will be able to structure
Related LibGuide: LaTeX by Ian Barba
- Monday, October 22, 2018
- 5:00pm - 6:00pm
- Lab 150
- University Library
TTU Library Mezzanine #104
Subjects:Advertising, Classical & Modern Languages & Literature, College of Media & Communications, Communication Studies, Electronic Media and Communications, English, Español, Journalism, Languages (CMLL), Public Relations, Spanish Language, Technical Communications & Rhetoric