Library Orientation for international Students Workshop - Innocent Awasom, Jack Becker, Tom Rohrig, Joshua Salmans
In Library Lab 150 - Face to Face Presentation
1. Will know the role and purpose of the Personal Librarian program
2. Know how to use information in an ethical manner--copyright, proper citing, etc.
3. Will know how to identify appropriate databases and search engines for research depending on their topic as well as using EndNote
This workshop will provide an orientation to new international students about using Texas Tech University (TTU) Library resources. In addition to learning best research practices including ethical use of information--the attendees will learn about the Personal Librarian service, LibGuides, EBSCO Discovery Services (EDS), Google Scholar, Document Delivery, and EndNote. The attendees will also learn how to identify databases for research using subject categories and how to use 3 important databases--Scopus, Web of Science, and Statistica.
- Thursday, January 23, 2020
- 5:00pm - 7:00pm
- Time Zone:
- Central Time - US & Canada (change)
- Lab 150
- University Library