CAD Crash Course: Rhino 3D Workshop - Online Only - Sean Scully
This workshop will be offered through the Zoom/MediaSite platform. You must register to receive email with the link to participate. Registration will close 48 hours prior to allow for sending out emails. You may contact email@example.com to be added after registration stops.
1. Have a working grasp of intermediate-level CAD vocabulary (i.e. NURBS, extrude, revolve, sweep, Boolean union, etc.).
2. Be able to import and perform basic modifications to an existing CAD object in .STL format.
3. Be able to compose an original complex model in Rhino3D.
4. Educate students on Library Resources for 3D printing.
This workshop will provide participants with an advanced hands-on introduction to CAD (Computer-Aided Drafting) for 3D printing. Specifically, this workshop will involve hands-on design with the CAD program Rhinoceros 3D. Participants will receive a walkthrough on how to find complex 3D models online, import, modify and export them. The workshop will proceed with a walkthrough for designing an original 3D model in Rhino3D and exporting it for 3D printing. We will address pertinent vocabulary words and how to optimize a balance between Rhino3's strengths and weaknesses. Additional topics include best practices for 3D design, submission, and various tips and tricks to utilize in Rhino3D. The workshop will finish with ample time for experimentation and exploration of the concepts and techniques gained.
- Monday, August 24, 2020 Show more dates
- 10:00am - 12:00pm
- University Library