Intro to Code: Python Workshop- Sean Scully ONLINE
This will be offered online only. Registration will close two days before the workshop so that an invite can be sent by email but you are welcome to email the presenter(s) to be added. email@example.com
Please attend online sessions with your TTU email address to receive credit for attendance.
1. Have a working grasp of beginner-level Python vocabulary (i.e. loop, variable, if/else, syntax, etc.).
2. Be able to import data and perform basic operations in Python IDE interfaces.
3. Be able to compose an original complex program in Python.
4. Educate students on Library Resources for programming.
This workshop will provide participants with a basic introduction to programming languages. Participants will receive a walkthrough on the basic methodology of programming in Python and how to navigate the IDE (Integrated Development Environment) interface. The workshop will proceed with a walkthrough for utilizing Python for basic and intermediate functions. We will address pertinent vocabulary words and how to optimize a balance between Pythonâ€™s strengths and weaknesses. Additional topics include Library and external resources, best practices for programming, and various tips and tricks to optimize Python program performance. The workshop will finish with the design of a basic game to apply and explore the concepts and techniques gained.
- Tuesday, March 16, 2021
- 5:00pm - 7:00pm
- Time Zone:
- Central Time - US & Canada (change)
- University Library