Intro to Code: Scratch - Sean Scully - ONLINE
This will be offered online only. Registration will close two days before the workshop so that an invite can be sent by email but you are welcome to email the presenter(s) to be added. email@example.com
Please attend online sessions with your TTU email address to receive credit for attendance.
1. Have a good grasp of the purpose and differences between programming languages.
2. Learn basic programming vocabulary: loop, function, variable, etc.
3. Learn to design a basic game in Scratch (block programming).
This workshop will provide participants with a basic introduction to programming languages. Participants will receive a walkthrough on coding in Scratch and how to navigate the block-programming interface. The workshop will proceed with a walkthrough for utilizing Scratch for basic and intermediate functions. We will address pertinent vocabulary words and how to optimize a balance between Scratchâ€™s strengths and weaknesses. Additional topics include Library and external resources, best practices for programming, and various tips and tricks to optimize Scratch program performance. The workshop will finish with the design of a basic game to apply and explore the concepts and techniques gained.
- Monday, February 22, 2021
- 5:00pm - 7:00pm
- Time Zone:
- Central Time - US & Canada (change)
- University Library