Next Level CAD: Rhino 3D Workshop- Sean Scully ONLINE
This will be offered online only. Registration will close two days before the workshop so that an invite can be sent by email but you are welcome to email the presenter(s) to be added. email@example.com
Please attend online sessions with your TTU email address to receive credit for attendance.
1. Have a working grasp of advanced-level CAD vocabulary (i.e. Boolean operations, Osnap, Rail Sweep, etc.).
2. Be able to import and utilize an existing CAD object in your design.
3. Be able to compose a set of original complex models in Rhino3D.
4. Educate students on Library Resources for 3D printing.
Take your Rhino to the next level! This workshop is an advanced hands-on introduction to CAD (Computer-Aided Drafting) for 3D printing. Specifically, this workshop will involve more advanced modeling and design concepts within the CAD program Rhinoceros3D. Participants will receive a walkthrough on how to find complex 3D model assemblies online, import, modify and export them. The workshop will proceed with a walkthrough for designing an original 3D model in Rhino3D and exporting it for 3D printing. We will address pertinent vocabulary words and how to optimize a balance between Rhino3Dâ€™s strengths and weaknesses. Additional topics include Library and external resources, best practices for modeling, and various tips and tricks to optimize Rhino3D performance. The workshop will finish with real-time modeling that will illustrate the advanced concepts and techniques gained.
- Wednesday, February 10, 2021
- 10:00am - 12:00pm
- Time Zone:
- Central Time - US & Canada (change)
- University Library