Next Level CAD: TinkerCAD Workshop - Sean Scully ONLINE
This will be offered online only. Registration will close two days before the workshop so that an invite can be sent by email but you are welcome to email the presenter(s) to be added. firstname.lastname@example.org
Please attend online sessions with your TTU email address to receive credit for attendance.
1. Have a working grasp of advanced-level CAD vocabulary (i.e. Boolean operations, Shape Generators, Duplicate & Repeat, etc.).
2. Be able to import and utilize an existing CAD object in your design.
3. Be able to compose a set of original complex models in TinkerCAD.
4. Educate students on Library Resources for 3D printing.
Take your Tinkering to the next level! This workshop is an advanced hands-on introduction to CAD (Computer-Aided Drafting) for 3D printing. Specifically, this workshop will involve more advanced modeling and design concepts within the CAD program TinkerCAD. Participants will receive a walkthrough on how to find complex 3D model assemblies online, import, modify and export them. The workshop will proceed with a walkthrough for designing an original 3D model in TinkerCAD and exporting it for 3D printing. We will address pertinent vocabulary words and how to optimize a balance between TinkerCAD's strengths and weaknesses. Additional topics include Library and external resources, best practices for modeling, and various tips and tricks to optimize TinkerCAD's performance. The workshop will finish with real-time modeling that will illustrate the advanced concepts and techniques gained.
- Monday, July 5, 2021
- 5:00pm - 7:00pm
- Time Zone:
- Central Time - US & Canada (change)
- University Library