Make with Rhino 3D (Intro) Workshop - Sean Scully - ONLINE
Welcome to bring your own laptop/device.
1. Have a working grasp of intermediate-level CAD vocabulary (i.e. NURBS, extrude, revolve, sweep, fillet/chamfer, etc.).
2. Be able to import and perform basic modifications to an existing CAD object in .STL format.
3. Be able to compose an original complex model in Rhino3D utilizing an array of shortcuts.
4. Educate students on Library Resources for 3D printing.
This workshop will provide participants with an advanced hands-on introduction to CAD (Computer-Aided Drafting) for 3D printing. Specifically, this workshop will involve hands-on design with the CAD program Rhinoceros 3D. Participants will receive a walkthrough on how to find complex 3D models online, import, modify and export them. The workshop will proceed with a walkthrough for designing an original 3D model in Rhino3D and exporting it for 3D printing. We will address pertinent vocabulary words and how to optimize a balance between Rhino3Ds strengths and weaknesses. Additional topics include best practices for 3D design, submission, and various tips and shortcuts to efficiently utilize in Rhino3D. The workshop will finish with ample time for experimentation and exploration of the concepts and techniques gained.
If you miss the window to register, please contact the presenter: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Thursday, September 16, 2021
- 9:00am - 11:00am
- Time Zone:
- Central Time - US & Canada (change)
- University Library