Make with 3D Printing (Advanced) Workshop- Sean Scully - ONLINE
Welcome to bring your own laptop/device.
1. Have a working grasp of advanced-level CAD vocabulary (i.e. Boolean operations, Shape Generators, Duplicate & Repeat, etc.).
2. Be able to import and utilize an existing CAD object in your design.
3. Be able to compose a set of original complex models in TinkerCAD.
4. Educate students on Library Resources for 3D printing.
Take your Tinkering to the next level! This workshop is an advanced hands-on introduction to CAD (Computer-Aided Drafting) for 3D printing. Specifically, this workshop will involve more advanced modeling and design concepts within the CAD program TinkerCAD. Participants will receive a walkthrough on how to find complex 3D model assemblies online, import, modify and export them. The workshop will proceed with a walkthrough for designing an original 3D model in TinkerCAD and exporting it for 3D printing. We will address pertinent vocabulary words and how to optimize a balance between TinkerCAD's strengths and weaknesses. Additional topics include Library and external resources, best practices for modeling, and various tips and tricks to optimize TinkerCAD's performance. The workshop will finish with real-time modeling that will illustrate the advanced concepts and techniques gained.
If you missed the window to register, please contact the presenter: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Tuesday, November 16, 2021
- 5:00pm - 7:00pm
- Time Zone:
- Central Time - US & Canada (change)
- University Library