Make with Code Workshop - Sean Scully - ONLINE
Welcome to bring your own laptop/device.
1. Have a good grasp of the purpose and differences between programming languages.
2. Learn basic programming vocabulary: loop, function, variable, etc.
3. Learn to design a basic game in Scratch or MakeCode (block programming).
This workshop will provide participants with a basic introduction to programming languages. Participants will receive a walkthrough on coding in Scratch and how to navigate the block-programming interface. The workshop will proceed with a walkthrough for utilizing Scratch for basic and intermediate functions. We will address pertinent vocabulary words and how to optimize a balance between Scratchs strengths and weaknesses. Additional topics include Library and external resources, best practices for programming, and various tips and tricks to optimize Scratch program performance. The workshop will finish with the design of a basic game to apply and explore the concepts and techniques gained.
If you missed the window to register, please contact the presenter: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Tuesday, September 21, 2021
- 4:00pm - 6:00pm
- Time Zone:
- Central Time - US & Canada (change)
- University Library