LGBTQIA Open Access Wikipedia-edit-a-thon -Come and Go Event -Joshua Salmans- ONLINE ZOOM EVENT
Please register so that you can be sent a link to the zoom event to attend. Registration will close two days prior to allow time for the link to be sent out.
When scholars in the LGBTQIA+ communities who publish in open access journals are underrepresented in the 10th most visited site in the world, there is a problem. Their contributions to the scholarly conversation and impact become minimized, unrecognized, or misrepresented. That is a problem. The Open Access Wikipedia-edit-a-thon seeks to turn the tables on that dynamic with your help.
- You will be able to identify misrepresentations and knowledge gaps that exist in Open Access LGBTQIA+ scholarship on the 10th most visited site in the world.
- You will be able to think critically engage the information presented and what is missing in Open Access LGBTQIA+ scholarly works.
- You will make visible represetations and histories of the LGBTQIA+ communities through critical editing Wikipedia Entries.
If you have encounted registration for this event to be closed, please contact the presenter Joshua Salmans at email@example.com
Related LibGuide: LGBTQIA+ Library Edit-a-Thon by Jenni Jacobs
- Wednesday, October 27, 2021
- 11:00am - 3:00pm
- Time Zone:
- Central Time - US & Canada (change)
- University Library